Long Loop 1-2Power-Strategy
- 15 min light spin ideally checking the first miles of the event.
- Remember to start in the right gear. Big crank is loaded.
- Use the warmup to visualize you are going to be strong and enjoy the event
- We should drink 2 scoops of infinite before the start so we go from the go loaded.
Event Start – 1 hour
- If feeling strong follow the group. Don’t waste energy.
- This is a time to analyze and assess how you feel and who is riding with you.
- Keep an eye on the RHR. Red heart rate this is a HR that could lead you to brake if holding for more than 1 hour.
- If drafting, don’t worry about watts unless you are above the intended watts.
- If alone, chasing or in front keep -+ 5-10 watts of the strategy
Event – hour 2 – 4
- If in group keep in draft
- If alone keep your watts
- If force to be in front keep in the range and don’t pull for more than 2 min
- Remember nutrition
Event last hour
- If drafting hold to go hard for the last 30 min
- If alone jump into the short loop strategy
- Last 30 min you have free range to go.
- Remember you can last 210-220 W for at least 20 min after 5 hours
- Breakfast 6am
- Lunch 11am
- 1pm: 1 Gatorade and banana if needed
- 2 scoops of infinit before start
- 1 water bottle every 45-55 min (2 scoops)
- Gels as needed
- 1 caffeine gel at 5 hours
- 1 caffeine gel at 5:30
MD-6 hours challenge
Garmin Recommended fields