- The half 21km (13.1m) test will consist of a warmup followed by a straight 21km effort (no stops)
- During the test, we care only about pace per mile. Don’t worry about HR.
- Ideally in a 2 loop route but is your choice.
- For this test, we are following an educated effort. So once you start the 21k please keep an eye on your watch using the CURRENT LAP screen.
- It is important that you check the pace of that current lap every 20 secs to 30 secs. So you have time to correct the pace.
- For instance, if you are supposed to keep that particular mile around 7:10 and your current lap is marking 6:50 you need to slow down. We go as close as we can for the prescribed pace. Except for the last 3 miles if you feel strong you can push faster.
- There should not be water breaks unless you are carrying the water with you.
25 min total follow instructions below
- 00-10 min HR < 140
- 11-20 min HR < 160
- Stop and stretch
- Get a 2 infinit scoops in 10 Oz of water
- Start running again
- 20-22 min HR < 170
- walk 3 min
- 10 progressive sprints x 20 secs long
- walk back to the start point after each sprint
21K Run Time Trial
|4-6||7:35||@ 6m - 2 scoops 10 oz|
|11-12||7:05||Gel at 11|
- 15 to 20 min easy HR < 140